As an Administrator, you can mandate that all users in a User group use 2FA when logging into Aware. If not required, then each user can configure their own account to use 2FA. Once configured, your users need an authenticator app installed on their mobile phones to generate the TOTP verification codes required to log into your Ava deployment.
To generate TOTP codes, we recommend installing either the Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator apps on your iOS or Android devices.
If users lose access to their 2FA authenticator, for example, if they lose or have their phone stolen, or if they accidentally delete the authenticator app settings for the Aware deployment, an Administrator can reset their two-factor authentication. The user will then need to set up two-factor authentication on their next log-in.
For more information about 2FA in Aware and how to configure it, visit our documentation portal.
The Ava Cloud Video Security 3.7 release also includes:
- enhanced control over access from the Ava Deployment Management Portal (DMP)
- audible alarm notifications within the Aware browser UI
- additional options from the Aware user interface to listen to alarm audio snippets and include them in external links
- information about the status of the cloud connection to Aware Cloud in the Ava Cloud Camera user interface
- easier searching of specific entries in the audit logs
- on-board processing of video analytics on all Ava-branded cameras (both on-premise and cloud models)
Discover all the new features from our release notes.
Subscribe to receive updates on new software releases containing new features and important bug fixes.