There is one more thing that I find amazing. A video security camera can detect and send an alert when occupancy levels have reached maximum capacity, but on its own, the video system can’t limit access. So it becomes that much more powerful when integrated with the right access control system. Together, Aware and mobile access control leader Openpath enable an organization’s cameras to pick up all available data all the time and send alerts quickly on what matters. The two systems can:
- disable doors to prevent additional entrants when maximum occupancy is reached
- disable employee access credentials when an employee does not complete a daily health survey
- detect tailgating to identify someone who enters right behind another person, whether to avoid a survey or with more malicious intent
- detect and immediately alert HR by text or email if people are gathering unsafely
- identify who has been near a specific person
- prove safety procedures are in place to auditors, regulators, or management
With health and safety as a priority, you can prepare for a safe return to work. It starts with a mindset shift and not underestimating the power of video security. Like a Swiss Army knife, intelligent video security can benefit so many aspects of organizational life, not the least of which helps HR ensure the health and safety of your employees, customers, and visitors.
Feel free to share this with others in your organization or have them check out our free Try & Buy program. We’ll send you the Ava Cameras, and you’ll get the help of our team to connect to our Aware VMS.