At Ava Security we default to programming using Go, but also use a wide variety of different languages and frameworks. It is not expected that you would be familiar with Go (or any of the other languages we use) but you should be enthusiastic and willing to learn new things.
Although these are not compulsory skills, prior experience in any of the following would be an advantage:
- Designing, developing, and consuming REST APIs.
- Knowledge of network security (e.g. SSL/TLS) and other crypto concepts.
- Appreciation of test-driven development, continuous integration/deployment, Kanban.
- Experience using Version Control Software such as Git as part of working in a team.
- Experience developing for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
You will also have achieved excellent academic results at a recognised university or are able to demonstrate outstanding technical skills, and are proficient in English.
We are looking for a team player who thinks holistically, enjoys solving complex problems and thrives working autonomously, while not afraid to ask for input and learn from your teammates if you’re stuck. You should take pride in your work and want a career where your creative abilities will make a difference to the world of technology whilst being part of an impressive R&D environment.
If you have experience developing software either for a University project or as a hobby and can show us on GitHub or elsewhere please let us know when you apply so we can discuss it at the interview.
Does this sound like you? We'd love you to apply, even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements and qualifications.